These are the Georgia Guidestones:
The monument has been shrouded in mystery since before it was erected, and has been a magnet for the attention of conspiracy-theory buffs for many years.
These videos are but a few you will find in a search query, to find out more about this strange structure.
And now, a little interpretation. Let's look a little closer at what the monument's testament.
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Right at the top of the list is probably the creepiest one of them all. How do "they" expect to get to this level of a half-billion people when in the U.S. alone we already have over 300 million people? Global population tops 7 billion people in 2012. Are we talking about some half-winded idealism here, or an open agenda to wipe out 7 or 8 billion people by time they get their plan executed?
2. Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
Eugenics has been a principle of despots, in one way or another in one name or another, for centuries. It was never more prevalent than in the 20th century, as epitomized by the Nazis and their quest for the "master race." Rather than raping their way to an idealized race, like conquerors of old, the Nazis expected extermination and genetic engineering would hold the key to their dystopian vision.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
Honestly, this one doesn't sound so bad to me. It would be nice if we could conquer God's punishment at the Tower of Babel. On the other hand, given the two things above, it sounds as if you will be forced to learn English or die. Not so cool now.
4. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.
Rule faith, one religion. Sure, it might solve a lot of problems, but exactly what faith are we to adhere to? The reign of Lucifer perhaps?
Rule tradition? How does one "rule" tradition without destroying history? Tradition and history have a special place in human consciousness that should never be abandoned, even when the practices turn out to be wrong in the long-run. Sometimes, the remembering of the wrong that was done in the past, through a traditional remembrance, guards us from such mistakes in the future and guides us to greater enlightenment as a species. But truthfully, the importance of history and tradition is so complex, that it too, like passion, defines us as human beings.
What evil would have us abandon these things which make is human?
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Sounds great. But what greater power is there than a nation to decide what is fair and just? A global dictatorship dictating to vassals?
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Allowing nations the right to rule as they see fit, within their own borders is contrary to the trend, and contrary to the already present mandates of the United Nations and world courts. All that needs to be said about a nation's internal matters, in order to invite these global courts, is to say "it effects us all, that they are doin...." this that and the other thing within their borders. Everything from nuclear energy to marriage rights.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Another one that sounds great on the surface, but then again also sounds like we are handing over rights to a global New World Order to decide what laws and officials are valid or not. We are already inundated with petty laws and useless officials, and on that measure, I can rightly agree we should be done with such. But not my mandate of a global order.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.I dont see any need for any balance other than that prescribed in the Constituion for the United States of America and the attached Bill of Rights. Granted we all, as citizens of a nation or citizens of the world, have a certain duty to maintain the good interests of the less fortunate, if for no other reason than our own self-interest in the long-run. But within the borders of the United States of America, that is and shall only be regulated by our own Constitution, and by extension, in all of our interactions with other nations.
9. Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.
Well, honestly, after everything else we just read, that sounds like a cheap handjob of feel good to make you think it's all good. Truth, beauty, love, sure they are qualities of seeking harmony with the infinite. But some people have a god, not just the infinite. And the harmony sought, cannot be mandated by UN laws, it must be accomplished through freedom.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature
I can't say that the damage we do as humans is not saddening. We certainly should strive to make our life on this planet more in accordance with the natural way of things. However, I draw the line at wiping out 6.5 million people to accomplish that, or adhering to some of the more specific tenets of the agenda being carried out.
And what is this agenda?
Agenda 21, A Real Conspiracy