4.29.2011

Get a job you f@@kin' bum!

That's what I hear all the time. That's the answer to America's financial woes. That's the answer when I complain about how difficult it has been to live on food stamps the past few months. Get a fuckin' job. Well let me tell you folks, I am one of the long-term unemployed for reasons that go well beyond my resume skills. I got my first real job when I was 14, I have some college, two professional licenses, and a wide variety of work experience from labor, to service, to management. Yet I have not worked full-time in almost three years now. I even dumped five grand on re-training. What a fuckin waste that was. I have filled out thousands of applications, made thousands of phone calls, forwarded my resume thousands of times. Not once, not even once did I get a call to come in for an interview. The handful of calls I did get were courtesy calls from companies basically telling me to stop bothering them because they were not going to hire me.

The other day I had some jagoff get wise with me and said that McDonald's was hiring. In fact they were. A huge hiring blitz. They intended to add a whopping 50,000 people to their national 400,000 person strong workforce. I was one of more than a 1,000,000 people who applied. Hoping, praying, that I would be one of the lucky ones who would get hired part time to scrub tables and mop out the toilets for a wage that won't even pay for the car insurance to get to and from that job. And like so many others, I did not get the job.


You can check out how Bloomberg reported on it at this link:

McDonald’s Hires 62,000 in U.S. Event, 24% More Than Planned

Half of New Jobs Came From McD's Hiring Blitz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Headlines

Which Mythical Creature Are You?                         Sexy Out of This World Aliens                         Is That a Ghost or Just a Dirty Lens                         Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?                          Do You Know Vampires?                          Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse                          Ten Amazing Urban Legends That Are Actually True                          Unbelievable UFO Sightings                          Is Your Dealer a Cop?

Search This Blog