7.09.2011

Happy and Sad

This is actually factual. Wrote it a few years ago when I was living out of my car and the occasional motel room.

Happy and Sad

I am happy,
But I'm also sad

I got some food,
But it was bad

My pants had holes,
But I got them patched

Then someone stole them,
And the shirt that matched

I have no home,
But I do have a car,

Too bad without fuel
I won't get very far

Had a 4.0 in college,
Even made the front page

Gee I wish I had a job,
Making minimum wage

At least I've got my health,
Well just about

Had two strokes,
And my teeth ripped out

Got a free tube of toothpaste,
To keep the keepers white

Too bad I ate the whole tube,
For dinner last night

A new bar of soap,
Scrub a dub dub

I use the sink at the gas station,
Instead of a tub

They say to be thankful,
For all that you have,

I guess that's why,
I'm both happy and sad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Headlines

Which Mythical Creature Are You?                         Sexy Out of This World Aliens                         Is That a Ghost or Just a Dirty Lens                         Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?                          Do You Know Vampires?                          Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse                          Ten Amazing Urban Legends That Are Actually True                          Unbelievable UFO Sightings                          Is Your Dealer a Cop?

Search This Blog